Friday, April 16, 2010

Are Conservatives the Only Ones with “Hate Speech”?

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-424750

Over the past few days I’ve read, ad nauseum, how the “Right Wingers”, the “Tea Party People” (not the term normally used by those on the left), “Conservatives”, “Republicans”, or just about anyone who is not in lock step with this administration is a hate monger, evil, devils, KKK lovers, and yes…the good old Nazi / Hitler lovers.
I will readily admit that there are some far right wing nut jobs out there; no question about it. Every decent Conservative/Republican that I know abhors these types of individuals and their actions. I don’t think I can make it any simpler than that. What I would like to see is my fellow iReporters on the Left repudiate the same comments from their side. So far, all I see is a few giving lip service and a few “Well, I don’t condone this, but, Rush/Sean/Glenn said….”
So, in the spirit of fair and balanced, I thought I’d upload some of the great comments from those on the Left directed to the Right, just to make this site a bit more balanced.
"The total mindless, morally bankrupt, knee-jerk, fascistic hatred, without which Michelle Malkin would just be a big mashed-up bag of meat with lipstick on it" - Keith Olberman
"I tell you what, if I lived in Massachusetts I’d try to vote 10 times. I don’t know if they’d let me or not, but I’d try to. Yeah, that’s right. I’d cheat to keep these bastards out..." - Ed Shultz
"The fall of Reagan is a laughable matter. The only irritating aspect of the otherwise delightful collapse of the Reagan administration is the widespread insistence that we must all be poker-faced about it."  - Michael Kinsley, Washington Post
I hope his wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like many black men do, of heart disease.” – Julianne Malveaux, USA Today, talking about Clarence Thomas
Snipers Wanted – (Caption under footage of George W. Bush) - Craig Kilborn
“If we were in other countries, we would all right now, all of us together, all of us together would go down to Washington and we would stone Henry Hyde to death! We would stone him to death! [crowd cheers] Wait! Shut up! Shut up! No shut up! I’m not finished. We would stone Henry Hyde to death and we would go to their homes and we’d kill their wives and their children. We would kill their families.” – Alec Baldwin on Conan O’Brien
There are white niggers. I’ve seen a lot of white niggers in my time. I’m going to use that word.” – Sen Robert Byrd
I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for.” – Howard Dean
John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr. — where are you now that we need you?” – Charlie Booker, Syndicated Columnist, speaking about then President George W. Bush
O Lord, give Dick Cheney’s Heart, Our Sacred Secret Weapon, the strength to try one more time! For greater love hath no heart than that it lay down its life to rid the planet of its Number One Human Tumor.” – Tony Hendra, Huffington Post Blogger
"But comparisons of the Bush administration's fearmongering tactics to those practiced so successfully and with such terrible results by Hitler and Goebbels . . . are not at all out of line." - Dave Lindorff at Counterpunch.org
Jeremiah Wright – Enough said on him.
"All the phones are unplugged at our house -- tired of the obscene calls and threats," Stupak said in an interview with the Hill. His wife no longer watches television, he said, because of "people saying they're going to spit on you and all this. That's just not fun." – Rep Stupak talking about calls from Democrats prior to him changing his vote to support the Health Care Bill. 

No comments: